A tradition of surgical excellence
We now that your surgery is a major life experience that, fortunately,
doesn’t happen every day. But at Novant Health Rowan Medical Center, it does happen many times every day, and you’ll benefit from our experience and advanced expertise.
For more information about surgical services at Rowan Medical Center, please call
We’ll support you from pre-registration through recovery and rehabilitation. Our hope is that soon your surgical experience will be just a pleasant memory.
Our surgical teams are among the best in their field. Your surgery will
be performed in a modern operating suite that’s equipped with
advanced surgical technology, such as tools for robotic, laparoscopic and other minimally invasive procedures.
Your experience as a patient is very important to us and we want you to
feel relaxed and comfortable about your treatment. While you are at the doctor’s office, you will be given an appointment for the outpatient surgery center nurse to call you. During this call, the nurse will ask you questions regarding your health. If the health questions indicate the need for additional assessment, you will be given an appointment prior to your surgery date.
Before you leave the hospital after your procedure, you will receive specific discharge instructions. We will discuss these instructions with you and your caregivers and give you a written copy to take home, along with numbers to call if you have questions later.
Many surgical procedures, especially minimally invasive surgeries, can be
performed on an outpatient basis at Rowan Medical Center or at our ambulatory surgery center located off Julian Rd in
our medical park.
Rowan Medical Center surgeons have advanced expertise in both
general and specialized surgeries:
- Bariatric surgery – including minimally invasive surgical options
- General surgery – procedures involving the digestive system, internal organs and glands
- Gynecologic surgery – including laparoscopic hysterectomy, removal of uterine fibroids and treatment of endometriosis
- Orthopedic surgery – including MAKOPlasty® partial knee replacement and a supportive post-surgical Joynt Camp
- Podiatric surgery – innovative surgeries to correct problems such as bunions, fractures and hammertoes
- Spine surgery – for relief of debilitating back and neck pain
- Surgical oncology – sophisticated techniques to remove tumors and cancerous cells
- Urologic surgery – including prostate, kidney stones and urinary incontinence
- Vascular procedures – including interventions for heart attack and peripheral artery disease
For more information about surgical services at Rowan Medical Center, please call 704-210-5000. Find a Novant Health specialty physician or surgeon online. Ask about upcoming classes and events.