A tradition of surgical excellence
We know that your surgery is a major life experience that, fortunately, doesn’t happen every day.
But at Novant Health Matthews Medical Center, it does happen every day,
and you’ll benefit from our experience and advanced expertise.
We’ll support you from preregistration through recovery and rehabilitation. Our goal is to help you get back to your normal life as quickly as possible and doing the things you love.
surgical teams are among the best in their field. Your surgery will be performed in a modern operating suite that’s equipped with advanced surgical technology, such as tools for robotic, laparoscopic and other minimally invasive procedures.
Your experience is very important to us, and we want you to feel relaxed and comfortable about your treatment. To help make that happen, please preregister prior to your hospital stay. When you preregister, we will provide you with helpful information about where to go and what to expect when you
arrive. Preregister by calling us at toll-free 1-888-844-0080, option 3.
Before you leave the hospital after your procedure, you will receive specific discharge instructions. We will discuss these instructions with you and your caregivers and give you a written copy to take home, along with numbers to call if you have questions later.
Many surgical procedures, especially minimally invasive surgeries, can be performed on an outpatient basis at Novant Health Matthews Medical Center and other Novant Health.
Novant Health Matthews Medical Center surgeons have advanced expertise in both general and specialized surgeries:
- Bariatric weight-loss surgery – To learn more about our program or register for a surgical weight loss seminar, call 888-976-5611
- Ear, nose and throat surgery – including sleep improvement surgery and minimally invasive removal of sinus obstructions
- Eye surgery – including pediatric surgery, retinal reattachment, and bladeless femtolaser-assisted cataract surgery
- General surgery – including colorectal surgery, and other procedures involving the digestive system, internal organs and glands
- Gynecologic surgery – including laparoscopic hysterectomy, removal of uterine fibroids and treatment of endometriosis
- Orthopedic surgery – recognized by The Joint Commission for hip fracture treatment, hip replacement and knee replacement
- Plastic surgery – including breast reconstruction
- Podiatric surgery – innovative surgeries to correct problems such as bunions, fractures and hammertoes
- Urologic surgery – including prostate, kidney stones and urinary incontinence
For more information about surgical services at Novant Health Matthews
Medical Center, please call toll-free 1-888-844-0080.
For additional information about surgeries at Novant Health, visit our corporate surgical section. (You will be leaving Matthews Medical Center)