A tradition of surgical excellence
We know that your surgery is a major life experience that, fortunately,
doesn’t happen every day. But at Novant Health Thomasville Medical Center, it does happen every day, and you’ll benefit from our experience and advanced expertise. We’ll support you from preregistration through recovery and rehabilitation. Our hope is that soon your surgical experience will be just a pleasant memory.
For more information about surgical services at Thomasville Medical Center, please call
Our surgical teams are among the best in their field. Your surgery will
be performed in a modern operating suite that’s equipped with
advanced surgical technology, such as cryosurgery for cancer and tools for laparoscopic and other minimally invasive procedures.
Your surgery will be performed in an operating suite that’s dedicated and configured for procedures like yours and equipped with the latest surgical technology, such as tools for robotic, laparoscopic and other minimally invasive procedures.
Your experience as a patient is very important to us and we want you to
feel relaxed and comfortable about your treatment. To help make that happen, please preregister prior to your hospital stay. When you pre-register, we will provide you with helpful information about where to go and what to expect when you arrive. Preregister by calling us toll-free at 1-888-844-0080, option 3.
Before you leave the hospital after your procedure, you will receive specific discharge instructions. We will discuss these instructions with you and your caregivers and give you a written copy to take home, along with numbers to call if you have questions later.
Many surgical procedures, especially minimally invasive surgeries, can be
performed at Thomasville Medical Center on an outpatient basis.
Thomasville Medical Center surgeons have advanced expertise in both general and specialized surgeries:
- Ear, nose and throat surgery – including balloon sinuplasty to gently reopen sinus passages with minimal tissue damage, and image-guided, computer-assisted sinus surgery
- Eye surgery – sight-restoring procedures including cataract removal and glaucoma surgery
- General surgery – highly-effective treatment of gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) and other procedures involving the digestive system, internal organs and glands
- Gynecologic surgery – inpatient procedures, with outpatient procedures performed at local Novant Health surgical centers.
- Neurology & Neurosurgery – procedures for all conditions related to the brain and spine." to the list to update
- Orthopedic surgery – including a post-surgical “joint camp,” where you’ll work with a hand-picked group of great nurses and therapists as you begin to return to normal activity
- Podiatric surgery – innovative surgeries to save diabetic feet and toes and to correct problems such as bunions, fractures and hammertoes
- Urologic surgery – including prostate, kidney stones and urinary incontinence
For more information about surgical services at Thomasville Medical Center, please call 336-472-2000.
Use our online finder to locate a Novant Health specialty physician or surgeon near you.