Rehabilitation services can help you become active and independent again
When you are recovering from an injury or illness such as a stroke or amputation, finding the right care and support is important. High-quality rehabilitation can help you get stronger and return to the people and pastimes you care about. You have many programs to choose from at Novant Health Rowan Medical Center, whether you need help because of a car accident, brain trauma or years of chronic pain.
If you have a health emergency, our medical team will concentrate on your most urgent needs first. As your health improves, you will have access to other services that can help you focus on recovery in a broader sense. Your providers may suggest speech, occupational or physical therapy services.
Elizabeth C. Stanback Rehabilitation Unit
You may be well enough to leave the hospital before you are strong enough to safely return home to live on your own. Your doctor might recommend that you continue your recovery in our 10-bed inpatient rehabilitation center. If you have experienced a stroke, brain injury or amputation, you can get treatment to improve your ability to move while lowering your risk for injuries.
Once you are able to go home, you may need or want to continue working on building strength. Your provider may recommend outpatient therapy to help you improve your speech or your ability to live independently. You can work toward those goals nearby at Novant Health Rehabilitation Center – Salisbury.
Our rehabilitation specialists can help with:
- Building strength after surgery, injury or illness
- Injuries related to an active lifestyle or playing sports
- Limited movement or weakness due to a stroke or pain
- Speech or swallowing problems
- Pain, headaches or trouble concentrating after a concussion
- Pediatric rehabilitation (occupational, physical and speech)
- Dizziness (vestibular disorders)
- Conditions that affect your bladder, bowel or reproductive system (pelvic health)
- Balance problems that could cause falling