We can show you the way to a better life
When you or a loved one is recovering from a serious injury or illness, or struggling with a debilitating condition, you need all the help you can get. We’re here to provide it. Novant Health Presbyterian Medical Center is a regional leader in providing comprehensive rehabilitation services for both inpatients and outpatients. Our No. 1 goal is to help you achieve your best possible quality of life.
For more information about our rehabilitation services, call the Novant Health Rehabilitation Center at:
We specialize in helping patients recovering from stroke, brain injury, amputations, spine surgery and spinal cord injury, and other complex medical, neurological and orthopedic conditions.
Presbyterian Medical Center houses state-of-the-art inpatient rehabilitation areas, some of them located in or near the nursing unit where you would be treated. If you need to continue your rehabilitation when you leave the hospital, we know that the convenience of our services is important to your ongoing treatment and recovery.
You’ll find the services you need at one of several Novant Health Rehabilitation Centers in the greater Charlotte area, including the Novant Health Wellness Center at Huntersville and the Novant Health Wellness Center at Matthews.
Our rehabilitation team
Providing you with the most complete rehabilitation service means having a full staff of dedicated experts including audiologists, care coordinators, dietitians, specialized nurses, occupational and physical therapists, physicians and physician assistants, psychologists, speech language pathologists, social workers and vocational rehabilitation counselors.
Presbyterian Medical Center is committed to bringing you the latest and most innovative rehabilitation therapies. We offer a variety of physical rehabilitation programs, psychological services, pediatric therapy and specialized programs.
We invite you to click the links below for more information about the services listed. Also, visit our online health library for a wealth of information about disorders, risk factors and treatment options.
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Speech therapy and speech-language pathology
Audiology services: adult and pediatric - To make an appointment with one of our licensed audiologists, call 704-384-7434
Your mental health is as important as your physical well-being – and each affects the other. Novant Health Rehabilitation Center in Charlotte provides a broad range of outpatient treatment options for psychological conditions and disorders. We can help with depression, anxiety, panic attacks, stress, anger, relationship or family issues and many other areas where counseling or treatment could make a difference.
Other psychological services include:
- Neuropsychology – If you or a loved one has suffered brain damage from trauma or disease, we can help treat difficulties with learning, memory and overall thought processes.
- Behavioral medicine – Unmanaged stress may aggravate existing medical conditions. Our behavioral health services can help you learn to control stress to relieve physical symptoms.
- Pain psychology – Our four-week pain rehabilitation program combines physical therapy, individual counseling and group sessions to relieve pain and improve your quality of life.
For more information about psychological services at Novant Health Rehabilitation Center, call 704-316-1923.
We love children and we’re committed to giving them special treatment. Our therapists are trained to help children achieve the highest possible level of function, independence and quality of life. We offer a variety of pediatric therapies at each of our Novant Health Rehabilitation Centers, including:
- Physical therapy – Play-based therapy that can improve motor function, mobility and coordination
- Occupational therapy – Designed to increase independence in daily activities such as dressing and feeding
- Speech-language pathology – Help for children with articulation errors, motor sequencing disorders, apraxia, speech impairment, stuttering, auditory processing disorders, and feeding disorders
We can help you or a loved one return to a better life. For more information about our rehabilitation services (except as indicated above), call Novant Health Rehabilitation Center at 704-316-1900.