Get high-quality rehabilitation without leaving Huntersville
When you have had a serious injury or illness such as a heart attack or stroke, you may face challenges going on with your usual activities. Because you want to move into recovery as soon as possible, Novant Health Huntersville Medical Center offers you a range of important rehabilitation services. You can receive care in the hospital to treat an urgent medical condition as well as physical limitations it might have caused. When you’re healthy enough to go home, you can continue building your strength through visits to our outpatient rehabilitation centers. Speech therapy, occupational therapy and physical therapy are among our carefully designed services for adults and children.
If you are in the hospital because of an emergency, our medical teams will first make sure your illness or injury is being treated and managed. During your stay, you also may receive physical therapy or other rehabilitation services, depending on your condition.
Once you are home from the hospital, you might still benefit from rehabilitation services to build strength and prevent a fall or other injury. If you are at risk for heart disease or have a condition that can make breathing difficult, you can ask to be referred to our wellness rehabilitation programs. These focus on exercise and other healthy habits that can help keep your heart or lungs strong. There are many ways you can work on prevention and recovery in programs available at the Novant Health Huntersville Medical Center outpatient rehabilitation center. The center is located on our medical campus.
Our therapists provide rehabilitation services for a number of conditions, including:
- Building strength after joint replacement, illness or other surgeries
- Weakness or speech problems after a stroke
- High blood pressure, coronary artery disease or arrhythmia
- Shortness of breath, pulmonary fibrosis or asthma
- Difficulty concentrating, headaches or dizziness after concussion
- Other injuries related to sports or active lifestyle
- Pediatric rehabilitation (physical, occupational and speech)
- Problems with swallowing or speech
- Weakness or pain that limits your ability to move