- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 pounds chicken breast, boneless and skinless
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 ounces diced green chilis
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Dash of cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 32 ounces unsalted chicken stock/bone broth, divided
- 8 ounces Neufchatel cream cheese, softened
- Two 15.5 ounces cans low sodium cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 15 ounces frozen corn
- Limes, quartered
- Scallions, finely chopped
- In a heavy-bottomed pot or large Dutch oven, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat. Sear chicken breast on all sides, about 4-5 minutes per side. Remove from pot and set aside. Once slightly cooled, cut into bite-sized pieces. Chicken will not be fully cooked all the way through.
- Once chicken is removed, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium to medium high heat. Sauté the onion in oil until soft and light golden browned, or about 6 minutes. Add in the garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
- Next, add in the green chilis and all dried seasonings. Allow to cook for 3-5 minutes, or until fragrant. Then add in 16 oz. of chicken stock and bring mixture to a simmer over medium heat.
- While that is cooking, add remaining 16 ounces of chicken stock to a blender with the cream cheese and 1 cup of cannellini beans. Blend on high until mixture is completely smooth. Slowly stir that mixture into the Dutch oven.
- Add in remaining cannellini beans, frozen corn and reserved chicken. Allow mixture to simmer on medium heat for at least 30-45 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. If simmering longer than 45 minutes, place lid on pot during this step.
- Serve with lime wedges, chopped scallions and whole grain tortilla chips, if desired.
Nutrition information: Calories, 359; 14 g fat; 5 g saturated fat; 74 mg cholesterol; 410 mg sodium; 28 g carbohydrate; 6 g fiber; 4 g sugar (0 g added sugar); 31 g protein.