The moment we’ve been waiting for is finally at hand: Walk-in appointments for the COVID-19 vaccine are now available at Novant Health. Making an appointment is still your best shot at getting the vaccine because supplies can vary by the day.
We do encourage people to make an appointment, but if someone has an unexpected free hour at work or finds themselves in the area, we invite them to pop-in and get their vaccine.
Pfizer appointments are available for everyone who is 16 and older. Moderna appointments are available for everyone who is 18 and older.
Here’s what you need to know.
1. Is the vaccine free?
Yes. All COVID-19 vaccines are free for every individual, including those who do not have insurance.
2. Is identification required?
No. Individuals will not be asked for any identification or proof of residency.
3. Can you bring someone with you?
Yes. Individuals who need to bring someone with them to their appointment are allowed to bring one visitor. Note: all people entering a vaccination clinic will go through a screening. Anyone with a fever or who is exhibiting cold or flu-like symptoms will not be permitted inside.
4. How long will my vaccination take?
We encourage everyone to schedule an appointment to help reduce potential wait times. However, most vaccination clinics do not have wait times and the length of the visit includes registration, vaccine administration and observation. Most patients will be monitored for 15 minutes. Anyone with a history of anaphylaxis will be monitored for 30 minutes.
5. How can I schedule an appointment?
- If you have a MyChart account, appointment availability can be accessed under Visits > Schedule an appointment. You do not need to be a Novant Health patient to create a MyChart account.
- If you do not have a MyChart account, you can schedule at GetVaccinated.org.
NOTE: MyChart is the best way to schedule an appointment. Anyone can create a MyChart account by visiting MyNovant.Org.
Everything you need to know about getting your vaccineAct now
- Novant Health Medical Group - Hanes (196 Hanes Mall Circle, Winston-Salem, NC 27103) is open Monday - Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Novant Health Medical Group - East Mecklenburg (6070 East Independence Blvd, Charlotte, NC 28212) is open Monday - Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Novant Health Medical Group - Freedom Drive (3149 Freedom Drive, Charlotte, NC 28208) is open Monday - Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Novant Health Medical Group - Huntersville (17220 Northcross Drive, Suite 110, Huntersville, NC 28078) is open Monday - Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Novant Health Medical Group – Salisbury (J.F. Hurley YMCA 828 Jake Alexander Blvd. W Salisbury, NC 28147) is open from Monday - Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- This location will be open on Saturday, May 8 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.