Chicken fingers with ranch are often a crowd pleaser, but don’t make the most nutritious meal. Try this healthier spin that is sure to be your next family favorite. The cereal coating still gives you the crunchier exterior you crave, with the bonus of added fiber. Try this alongside roasted green beans or your favorite vegetable for a more well-rounded meal. For an easy dessert, serve any extra plain Greek yogurt you have mixed with vanilla extract and top with fresh berries!
Makes 6 servings
For the chicken tenders:
2 cups Nature’s Path Heritage Flakes cereal
1/3 cup finely grated parmesan
1 teaspoon paprika
¼ teaspoon salt
2 tablespoon milk
½ cup all-purpose flour
2 pounds chicken tenders
For the pepper-basil dipping sauce:
½ cup plain Greek yogurt
2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
2 tablespoons roasted red pepper, chopped
1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
1 small garlic clove, grated
For the tenders:
- Preheat oven to 425° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper coated in nonstick spray.
- Combine the cereal, Parmesan cheese, paprika and salt in a large resealable bag. Using the bottom of a skillet or rolling pin, crush into a coarse crumb. Set aside.
- Whisk the egg with milk in a shallow container.
- Place flour on a separate plate.
- Coat the chicken tenders in the flour, then dip in egg mixture, and dredge into cereal mixture. Ensure chicken is fully coated in cereal and shake off any excess. Place onto prepared baking sheet.
- Generously spray the chicken tenders with cooking spray before placing in oven.
- Bake tenders for about 15 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°.
- Serve immediately with dipping sauce.
For the sauce:
- Combine all ingredients into a small bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate sauce until ready to use.
Roasted green beans
1 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
4 garlic cloves, peeled and roughly chopped
1 medium sweet onion, diced
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 425° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Take all ingredients and place them into a gallon size plastic bag. Seal bag well and toss ingredients together until well coated.
- Scatter ingredients onto prepared baking sheet, and roast in oven for 12 to 14 minutes, or until fully cooked and edges of green beans are slightly browned.
- Serve immediately.