Depending on your mood: go grill or Insta Pot for this healthy summer meal.
- 2 peppers (your choice on color), cut lengthwise in strips
- 1 onion, cut in strips
- 1 pound of chicken
- ¼ cup of salsa
- Whole wheat tortillas/butter lettuce to serve as shells
- Seasonings: cumin, paprika, onion powder, olive oil
1. I use the Instant Pot pressure cooker for the chicken and placed the two chicken breasts in the Instant Pot with ¼ cup of salsa and ¼ cup of water.
2. Set the Instant Pot to high pressure for 20 minutes and when the timer goes off, let the pressure drop naturally for five minutes and then switch to immediate release.
3. If not using an Instant Pot, grill the chicken breast. Season chicken breast with paprika, chili powder, and cumin and place on the grill.
4. Use a grill pan, and place the peppers and onions in the grill pan and cook until they have a little brown spots on them, about 15 minutes.
5. Grill until the chicken (grill pan or outdoor grill) until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. Once this is cooked, take off the grill and cut into strips.
6. Assembple tacos using tortillas and sprinkle with delicious toppings like Greek yogurt (in place of sour cream), low-fat cheese, salsa and avocado. Some prefer the tortilla heated and toasted on a griddle first.
This also works great as a bowl using cauliflower rice!
Find a weight loss program that's right for you.