If you ask around, pizza means many things for many people. For some? Pizza can be healthy too. With a dizzying array of toppings out there, you can bake your own pizza without loading it with cheese or other greasy caloric ingredients. Here's how you can make a healthy pizza recipe that serves four servings.
- 4 whole wheat pitas (6-inch)
- 1 can of crushed tomatoes (14 ounces)
- 1 mozzarella cheese ball (cut into thin slices)
- Fresh basil
- Thin-sliced prosciutto
1. Heat oven to 425 degrees.
2. While the oven is heated, take your whole wheat tortilla and place a spoonful (or more) of the crushed tomatoes on top.
3. If you like your pizza more “saucy,” do not be afraid to add more sauce.
4. Top pizza with the sliced mozzarella, then prosciutto and basil.
5. Cook in the oven until it is warm and bubbly (about eight minutes).
Enjoy!Find a weight loss program that's right for you.