Find confidence in our knowledge and experience
When you or a loved one needs surgery, you can take comfort in knowing that the surgeons at Novant Health Forsyth Medical Center are among the best in their field. They work with specialized teams that support you all the way, from pre-procedure guides to recovery and rehabilitation.
To learn more about surgical services at Forsyth Medical Center, call
Experience is a key to success, and when we perform your procedure, our surgical teams bring the knowledge and experience of advanced training and more than 56,000 surgeries each year at Forsyth Medical Center and Novant Health Medical Park Hospital.
Your surgery will be performed in an operating suite that’s dedicated and configured for procedures like yours and equipped with the latest surgical technology, such as tools for robotic
, laparoscopic and other minimally invasive procedures.
Your experience as a patient is very important to us and we want you to feel relaxed and comfortable about your treatment. To help make that happen, please preregister prior to your hospital stay. You can do it online and you will then receive an email with more information about where to go and what to expect when you arrive. You may also call us to preregister toll-free at 1-888-844-0080, option 3.
Before you leave the hospital, you will receive specific discharge instructions. We will discuss these instructions with you and your caregivers and give you a written copy to take home, along with numbers to call if you have questions later.
Forsyth Medical Center offers a full range of general and specialized surgeries:
- General surgery – covering the digestive system, colorectal, internal organs and glands, performing more than 56,000 surgeries a year.
- Gynecologic surgery – inpatient procedures, with outpatient procedures performed at local Novant Health surgical centers.
- Heart & vascular surgery – ranked among the highest in the nation with a 3-star rating from the Society for Thoracic Surgeons.
- Neurology & Neurosurgery – procedures for all conditions related to the brain and spine.
- Orthopedic surgery – a comprehensive program covering all musculoskeletal conditions.
- Pediatric surgery - At Novant Health, our surgeons know that medical problems children face are very different from those of adults.
- Plastic surgery – including breast reconstruction.
- Surgical oncology – sophisticated techniques to remove tumors and cancerous cells from the body.
- Urologic surgery – including prostate, kidney stones and urinary incontinence. Forsyth Medical Center has several urology partners available for our patients that need specialized care for urologic issues.
For more information about surgical services at Forsyth Medical Center, please call 336-718-5000. Find a Novant Health specialty physician or surgeon with our online directory.
For additional information about surgeries at Novant Health, please visit our surgery section on our corporate site. (You will be leaving Forsyth Medical Center)