Helping you and your family when you need it the most
Good emotional health is essential to a person’s well-being. Feelings of anxiety, stress and depression can impair your daily activities and your family life. If you or a loved one is suffering from behavioral health issues like these, the experts at Novant Health Forsyth Medical Center can help.
To learn more about our behavioral health services, call toll-free
We are committed to providing you with empowering care that can help you regain control of your emotional and physical well-being. Our team of psychiatrists, registered nurses, psychiatric technicians, counselors, recreational therapists and clinical social workers specialize in providing treatment for a number of behavioral health issues in a safe and encouraging environment. Some of the inpatient services we offer include:
- Multiple, daily therapeutic group sessions.
- Family meetings, if appropriate.
- Care coordination.
- Recreation therapy.
We provide a broad array of outpatient programs that are built around your individual needs. These programs can provide you with the treatment and support you need to overcome a variety of behavioral health issues, from substance abuse and depression to stress management. The programs include:
- Behavioral health assessment center.
- Partial hospitalization.
- Intensive outpatient program.
- Group sessions.
- Individual counseling.
- Confidential substance abuse assessment.
- Family recovery program.
- Continuing care.
- Dialectical behavior therapy.
- Mobile crisis response team.
Behavioral Health Outpatient Center
Forsyth Medical Center provides a full continuum of inpatient, outpatient, and community-based care that provides a 24/7 response to any level of care needed for specialized psychiatric or substance-abuse care.
We use many innovative services such as telepsychiatry, making house calls with our Mobile Crisis Team, or 24-hour assessment and triage services to provide quick and easy access to meet any psychiatric and substance-abuse need. For help and information, call toll-free 1-800-718-3550.
Specializing in women's behavioral health
We have all heard the saying "women are from Mars and men are from Venus". Well, when it comes to our mental health we may not be from separate planets but there are differences. For example:
- Mental disorders following childbirth, including postpartum depression, are estimated to affect about 13% of women within a year of delivery.
- Eating disorders are more common in women; however, this is a growing concern for males, as well.
- One-in-three women with mental health problems have never sought professional help.
- 44% of women have been prescribed antidepressant drugs by the time they are age 54.
- Almost all of the mental health problems that women experience these days have effective solutions.
Stigma surrounding mental illness is a barrier that can keep women from seeking help in many cases. Our goal is to eliminate the difficulty of receiving behavioral-health services.
Forsyth Behavioral Health Outpatient offers a 24 / 7 Outpatient Assessment Center to meet our community's behavioral-health needs. The assessment center provides:
- Easy access to all levels of outpatient, hospital-based, or community-based services at Forsyth Behavioral Health Outpatient.
- Safe, comfortable and confidential environment.
- Easy appointments made through the Behavior Health Call Center.
- Support for mental health and substance-abuse needs.
The Behavioral Health Outpatient is located at 175 Kimel Park Drive Suite 100 in Winston-Salem. Call 336-718-3550 for more information. View map and directions.
Download and print the Forsyth Behavioral Health Outpatient Pre-registration Paperwork form »
The Crisis Response Team
The Crisis Response Team is a 24-hour, seven days a week service provided by Novant Health Behavioral Health in collaboration with the Novant Health Maya Angelou Women's Health & Wellness Center to help people with mental health or substance-abuse crises in the community.
The Call Center is staffed with skilled mental health professionals uniquely equipped to provide front-line mental health care when and where it is most needed. The services include:
- Access to crisis stabilization service for mental health and/or substance abuse.
- Telephone assessment.
- Face-to-face evaluation or same-day appointments at the Crisis Center from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Educational services for crisis prevention.
- Preauthorization of insurance, as needed.
Call the Crisis Response Team toll-free at 1-800-718-3550
Geriatric behavioral health
Seniors have unique needs and they need compassionate care that is built around their individual needs. We provide specialized care, support and intervention to help seniors cope and recover from a variety of mental health crises. These treatment options can help you live a normal, happy and productive life.
To learn more about our behavioral health services, call our Behavioral Health Call Center toll-free at 1-800-718-3550. We are available 24/7 for help and information any time you need us.
If you think you may hurt yourself or someone else, call 911 immediately or go the nearest emergency room.