Research helps pave the way for tomorrow’s cancer treatments
Cancer clinical trials and research programs from yesterday helped bring us the treatments and cures of today. When you or a loved one is faced with a cancer diagnosis, you want access to the latest cancer trials, treatments and medicines.
Because we participate in a number of national and international clinical research studies, you may have an opportunity to receive a cancer treatment that is being tested. Our Novant Health Clinical Research centers in Charlotte and in Winston-Salem provide expanded access to clinical trials that advance cures while helping you stay close to home.
Benefits of participating in clinical trials:
- Healthcare is provided by leading physicians in the field of cancer research.
- Access to new drugs and interventions before they are widely available.
- Close monitoring of your healthcare and any side effects.
- An opportunity to be the first to benefit from successful trials.
- An opportunity to make a valuable contribution to cancer research.
Today, hundreds of cancer patients are involved in clinical trials. Participating in a clinical trial is a very personal decision. We encourage you to speak with your healthcare team and loved ones before making a decision about participation.
Current clinical trials
We have clinical trials currently underway involving hundreds of patients. Talk with your doctor to determine whether a clinical trial could be right for you, or contact our Novant Oncology Research Institute to learn more about current opportunities.
To learn more about our current clinical research trials: