Brain & Neurological Cancers
Receive expert care quickly.
When you receive a brain tumor diagnosis you want answers and treatment right away. At Novant Health Cancer Institute you’ll be supported by a dedicated team of neurological and brain cancer specialists who use the latest surgical techniques and nonsurgical therapies to improve your response. Delivered by a caring collaborative team, we work beside you every step of the way.
Brain tumor assessment
To determine if you have brain cancer, you may have a physical examination, tissue biopsies and one or more imaging studies like an MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) or CT (computerized tomography) scan. These scans provide detailed images of the brain.
It’s important to meet with your healthcare provider for brain tumor symptoms like headaches, changes in hearing, vision or speech, or problems with balance. Specialists sometimes recognize the signs of brain cancer while treating or examining patients for other conditions. If you receive a brain cancer diagnosis, additional tests may be performed before your team can develop a personalized treatment plan.
Spinal tumor assessment
Tumors in the spine are diagnosed similarly to brain tumors. A physical examination and one or more scans and biopsies may be necessary to assess tumors that occur outside the spine or inside the spine's lining and spinal cord.
What are brain and neurological cancers or tumors?
Why Choose Novant Health?
Brain tumor treatment
Nationally Recognized Care
- National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC)
- Commission on Cancer (CoC)
- Quality Oncology Practice Initiative (QOPI)
- Radiation Oncology Practice Accreditation (ROPA-ACR)
- APEx Accreditation (ASTRO)
- Magnet Recognition-American Nursing Credentialing Center
- American College of Surgeons National Surgical Quality Improvement Program (NSQIP)
- National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA)
- Southeast Clinical Oncology Research Consortium (SCOR)/National Cancer Institute (NCI) Community Oncology Research Program
- Foundation for the Accreditation of Cellular Therapy (FACT)
- National Accreditation Program for Rectal Cancer (NAPRC)
You’re Entitled to a Second Opinion.
Are you concerned or confused about a cancer diagnosis or treatment recommendation you've received?
Another perspective on your case and options can give you some peace of mind. Reach out for a virtual session or in-person consultation.
Experience the Future of Cancer Care, Today.
Together, we can beat cancer. Clinical research studies drive breakthroughs in the prevention, detection and treatment of many cancer conditions.
If eligible to join a clinical trial, you could access new cancer treatments before they’re available to the general public. Explore clinical trials and speak with your cancer team to see if any are right for you.
Search for Clinical Trials at Novant Health