Receive compassionate support throughout your journey.
When you have been diagnosed with breast cancer, you want top specialists who can compassionately guide you along your care journey. From accurate diagnostics and the latest treatments and clinical trials to supportive care, our dedicated breast specialists, including oncologists, breast surgeons, plastic surgeons and patient navigators, support you at every stage. We’ll help you understand your diagnosis and explore your options for treatments, ensuring you feel comfortable with your decisions.
Breast cancer conditions we treat
There are many different types of breast cancer, and your treatment plan will depend on the type and stage of cancer you have. Whether you have been diagnosed with early-stage cancer or metastatic cancer that extends to more than one area of your body, our team of experts will take time with you to explain your condition and develop your treatment plan.
Our highly specialized and recognized team of breast cancer oncologists, surgeons, radiologists, pathologists and clinical staff are experts at treating common and rare breast cancers including:
- Noninvasive breast cancer, such as ductal carcinoma in situ (DCIS)
- Invasive breast cancer, including triple-negative breast cancer, hormone-sensitive breast cancer, and HER2-positive breast cancer
- Inflammatory breast cancer
- Metaplastic carcinoma
- Metastatic breast cancer that has spread to other parts of the body
- Rare breast cancers such as breast sarcoma, phyllodes, and Paget's disease of the nipple
- Noncancerous/benign breast conditions, treated as high risk
Breast cancer treatments tailored to you
Our team of breast health specialists and breast surgeons address both cancerous and non-cancerous conditions. Using advanced diagnostic tools and procedures, you’ll receive answers quickly to determine the right strategy to address your condition. Our team will be here for you every step of the way, from diagnosis and treatment through recovery and follow up. Our procedures include:
- Breast conserving surgery
- Mastectomy (breast removal) surgery
- Axillary lymph node procedures
- Placement of MammoSite targeted radiation therapy system
- Excisional biopsies for benign breast disease
- Drainage of breast abscesses/infection
- Breast cancer risk assessment and interpretation of genetic testing results
Why Choose Novant Health?
Nationally Recognized Care
- National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC)
- Commission on Cancer (CoC)
- Quality Oncology Practice Initiative (QOPI)
- Radiation Oncology Practice Accreditation (ROPA-ACR)
- APEx Accreditation (ASTRO)
- Magnet Recognition-American Nursing Credentialing Center
- American College of Surgeons National Surgical Quality Improvement Program (NSQIP)
- National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA)
- Southeast Clinical Oncology Research Consortium (SCOR)/National Cancer Institute (NCI) Community Oncology Research Program
- Foundation for the Accreditation of Cellular Therapy (FACT)
- National Accreditation Program for Rectal Cancer (NAPRC)
Why consider genetic counseling?
Your genes tell your medical history. If breast, ovarian or uterine cancer runs in your family or if you have a known genetic mutation such as BRCA 1 or 2 or Lynch Syndrome, you may be at higher risk to develop one of these conditions. Genetic counseling and testing can show risks for hereditary cancers and put you on a path to prevention.
Hear from a survivor.
Breast Cancer survivor Darlene Norris tells her story.
Personalized treatment guided by your collaborative team
Your health is our priority every step of the way. Novant Health uses a well-coordinated team approach to ensure you receive the best treatment for your cancer as defined by national guidelines. Our experts focus on you and your personal treatment plan to ensure consistent support across oncology, radiology, surgery, pathology, and more.
As part of our comprehensive approach to your care, our specialists discuss treatment plans and review any changes to your condition at regularly scheduled meetings. You may work closely with specialists in:
- Medical oncology
- Surgical oncology
- Radiation oncology
- Reconstructive surgery
- Patient Navigation
You’re Entitled to a Second Opinion.
Are you concerned or confused about a cancer diagnosis or treatment recommendation you've received?
Another perspective on your case and options can give you some peace of mind. Reach out for a virtual session or in-person consultation.
Experience the Future of Cancer Care, Today.
Together, we can beat cancer. Clinical research studies drive breakthroughs in the prevention, detection and treatment of many cancer conditions.
If eligible to join a clinical trial, you could access new cancer treatments before they’re available to the general public. Explore clinical trials and speak with your cancer team to see if any are right for you.
Search for Clinical Trials at Novant Health