Who knew recovery could be so refreshing? Check out our recipe for homemade fruit Popsicles — the perfect post-run snack that keeps you hydrated while training for the Novant Health Charlotte Marathon.
- 2 cups frozen mango chunks. Due to the size of mango chunks, you'll probably end up with 2 heaping cups
- 1 1/2 cups coconut water
- 1 lemon, juiced (about 1/4 cup lemon juice)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Place all the ingredients in a blender. Blend the ingredients on high until smooth. If you don't have a high-speed blender, you may need to add more liquid during the blending process, or wait to blend your ingredients when the mangos are semi-defrosted.
- Pour, or spoon, the Popsicle mixture into Popsicle molds. This recipe makes enough for six Popsicles.
- Freeze the Popsicles for about 12 hours. To remove the Popsicles from the molds, run each mold under warm water for about 30-40 seconds, then slide the Popsicle out of the mold.