This easy one-skillet meal will have dinner on the table in 30 minutes or less. And, it’s a family-friendly meal that is much quicker and healthier than takeout.
- 1/3 cup Green Goddess salad dressing
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, diced
- 2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 1/4 cup broccoli florets, chopped
- 1 1/4 cup bell peppers, chopped
- 1 1/4 cup carrots, chopped
- 16 oz. low-sodium chicken stock
- 2 cups instant brown rice
- Zest of one lemon
- Heat dressing in a large nonstick skillet on medium heat.
- Add chicken pieces and sprinkle with oregano. Cook five minutes, stirring once.
- Add vegetables and stock; simmer five minutes.
- Stir in rice and cover; simmer five minutes.
- Turn off heat and let stand, covered, five minutes or until liquid is completely absorbed.
- Garnish with lemon zest and finish with the freshly squeezed lemon juice.
4 servings. Nutrition per serving: 503 calories; 16 g fat; 3 g saturated fat; 369 mg sodium; 49 g carbohydrate; 5 g fiber; 1 g added sugar; 41 g protein