Looking for a healthier dessert or sweet snack option? These Chocolate Almond Butter Banana Bites will do the trick. The protein from the almond butter and potassium from the bananas are a bonus.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 2 hours
Ready in: 2 hours 10 minutes
Yield: 20 servings
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup almond butter
- 2 teaspoon coconut oil
- 2 bananas, sliced into 1-inch rounds
- Flaky sea salt
- Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add chocolate chips to a medium sized microwavable bowl. Heat chocolate in 30-second intervals until melted, stirring between intervals. Add coconut oil to chocolate and stir until combined.
- In a separate bowl, heat almond butter for 15 seconds in microwave until runny.
- Lay out small baking cups on prepared baking sheet. Add teaspoon-sized scoops of chocolate into each baking cup. Top with a slice of banana, a teaspoon-sized scoop of almond butter, and another scoop of chocolate. Repeat until you have used all your banana slices. Top with a pinch of salt.
- Place tray in freezer for 2 hours, or until frozen. Serve.
Nutrition facts per serving: 127 calories, 9 grams fat, 12 grams carbohydrate, 2 grams protein, 8 grams sugar
A Novant Health Weight Loss Services team member is ready to discuss your needs or make an appointment.