Looking for your next meal prep idea? This salad is packed with lean proteins, such as chicken breast and black beans. This wholesome lunch option holds up well, whether you need it for work or school.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- ½ tablespoon of fresh lime juice
- 1 cup of 50% less salt black beans
- 2 tablespoons of red bell pepper, chopped
- ½ teaspoon of minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon of crushed red chili pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 3 ounces of grilled chicken breast strips, cubed
- ½ cup of fresh avocado, cubed
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- ¾ teaspoon fresh cilantro
1. Place lime juice in a large bowl and gradually whisk in olive oil.
2. Stir in the beans, bell pepper, garlic, pepper flakes and pepper.
3. Add chicken strips, avocado, cherry tomatoes and top with cilantro. Mix well.
Serving size: 1 cup (264g)
Servings per container: 2
Amount per serving:
- Calories 230
- Calories from Fat 100
- Total Fat 11g
- Saturated Fat 1.5g
- Trans Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 20mg
- Sodium 440mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22g
- Dietary Fiber 9g
- Sugars 3g
- Protein 15g
Need more ideas? Check out more of our healthy recipes on our Remarkable You page.