You don't have to live with pain.
Chronic pain affects millions of people every year. If you’re experiencing long-term pain, you may also feel fatigue, depression, anxiety, and frustration. Novant Health pain management experts stay on top of the latest treatment techniques and technologies to help you minimize or overcome your pain and live a more active life.
Understanding the source of your pain
Chronic pain not only interferes with your daily activities and nightly sleep, it also is often a leading cause of missed work. The pain management specialists at Novant Health want to help you find relief. We will help find what’s causing your pain and create a personalized treatment plan. Our goal is to find the best ways to eliminate or help you manage your pain so you can get back to the things you enjoy.
We help people of all ages with a variety of painful conditions, including slipped and herniated discs, sports injuries, and osteoarthritis. Our pain management experts treat migraines and headaches and chronic conditions such as fibromyalgia and rheumatoid arthritis.
Find relief at a pain management clinic.
When you’re not sure what’s causing your pain, the experts at our Novant Health pain management clinics are here to help you find relief. Our collaborative team of specialists are trained to identify the source of your pain so you can begin treatment as soon as possible. We’ll connect you with the appropriate specialist to help you get back to doing the things you enjoy. We regularly provide treatments for:
- Fibromyalgia – widespread pain, sleep problems, fatigue, and sensitivity to pain all over the body
- Diabetic neuropathy – pain and/or numbness, usually in the feet, resulting from severe nerve damage caused by diabetes
- Complex regional pain syndrome (CRPS) – a pain that develops after an injury, surgery, stroke, or heart attack, often in the arms or legs
- Myofascial pain syndrome – chronic pain in seemingly unrelated areas of the body
- Sciatica pain – pain radiating along the sciatic nerve running down each leg from your lower back)
- Shingles – burning skin pain after a case of shingles
- Post-surgical pain – pain experienced after a surgical procedure
- Work injury – injuries that happen on the worksite and require specialized pain treatment
Reach out to your primary care provider or specialist to find the best source to help you manage your pain.
Who treats pain management
Selecting the best pain management specialist depends on the source of your chronic pain. You may be referred to a neurologist, orthopedist, physical therapist, physiatrist, or psychologist.
Some Novant Health locations offer group programs with multiple types of specialists. If your treatment requires surgery, you will be referred to a surgeon who specializes in the care of your condition.
The providers at Novant Health take a collaborative team approach to helping you manage pain. We’ll work with you and other pain specialists to find the best treatment, or combination of treatments, to help you feel better and stay healthy. You may see one or more of the following pain management professionals:
Pain Management Treatments
Individualized care to alleviate your pain.
Our team of specialists work with you to create a personalized approach to manage your chronic pain. Depending on your condition, we’ll provide non-surgical therapies, or if needed, explore surgical treatment options with you.