Improving our community’s health, one person at a time
Novant Health Brunswick Medical Center is your hospital in Bolivia, NC. We’ve been part of the Brunswick community since 1977, providing a local place to receive care and treatment to area residents. Our services include state-of-the art 24/7 emergency care, heart and vascular care, and maternity.
Focused on excellence
Patient safety is our top priority. Our services meet or exceed strict industry standards so you can feel confident about your care.
We set the standard.
At Brunswick Medical Center, you can expect next-level care. Some of our recent honors include:
- Top Ambulatory Surgery Center, The Leapfrog Group, 2021
- Silver Plus Achievement Award for success using Get with the Guidelines to improve care, American Heart Association and American Stroke Association, 2020
- Top General Hospital, The Leapfrog Group, 2019
For healthier communities
Our physicians and staff actively reach out to improve the health of the communities we serve, including assisting at-risk and disadvantaged populations through health education, screening and financial assistance and by supporting health clinics that provide care for the uninsured.
Serving your community since 1977
Located on Highway 17 in the heart of Brunswick County, Brunswick Medical Center has been providing vital care in the area since 1977, and we’re continuing to grow to meet the needs of the communities we serve. Some key moments in our history include:
- 1977: The hospital opens as Brunswick Community Hospital, an acute care facility in the heart of Brunswick County.
- 2006: Novant Health is selected by the Brunswick County Hospital Authority to provide healthcare services to counties in eastern North Carolina. Brunswick Community hospital officially joins Novant Health.
- 2011: Our new facility in Bolivia opens its doors to the community with expanded services and replaces a smaller, older building in Supply.