Hospice Volunteer Opportunities
Volunteer with Novant Health hospice services.
Volunteers play an important role in assisting patients and their families throughout the hospice journey. Your time, skills, and compassionate heart can make a significant difference in their lives. Contact us today to become a hospice volunteer and help us bring comfort, dignity, and love to those who need it most.
Impact Lives as a Novant Health Hospice Volunteer
Stepping into the role of a hospice volunteer offers a unique opportunity to deeply touch lives and create meaningful change. As a hospice volunteer, you can:
- Provide in-home support to patients and their families
- Assist with inpatient hospice services on the Harris Hospice Unit at Charlotte’s Novant Health Presbyterian Hospital or at the Glenn H. Kiser Hospice House in Salisbury
- Gather a hospitality team to prepare meals for families of patients at our inpatient hospice units
- Offer emotional support to grieving families
- Join our Giving Gardens program to collect or grow flowers, make bouquets for families, and wash recycled vases
- Join our special skills team to offer notary, mechanic, electrician, housekeeping or pet care services to patients
- Participate in our prayer ministry, music ministry or pet therapy teams
- Knit prayer shawls or make lap blankets for patients
- Provide administrative support to our hospice office staff