Compassionate, dignified end-of-life care
If you or a loved one have ended active treatment for a major or chronic illness, and life expectancy is six months or less, hospice care can offer the supportive services that you desire. Our hospice care team works with patients facing life-limiting illnesses and their families to make the most of each day and enjoy the best quality of life possible. This end-of-life care is usually offered wherever the patient calls home but is also offered at select inpatient settings.
Each hospice care plan is unique and begins with understanding what is most important to the patient and their loved ones. Our hospice care providers create a plan to meet the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of the patient and their loved ones.
Hospice services include:
- Access to hospice physicians, nurses, nursing assistants, social workers, chaplains, grief counselors, volunteers and a dedicated after-hours team
- Coordination between the hospice care team and other providers
- Management of pain and other symptoms
- Routine nursing visits
- Assistance with bathing and personal care needs
- Assistance with medical care planning
- Bereavement support services for loved ones
To access hospice care, ask for a referral from the primary care provider caring for you or your loved one. You can also call the hospice admissions team.
Choices and Champions
Linda Matney, a caregiver to Novant Health hospice patient, shares her experience.
Novant Health Hospice is a proud member of the National Partnership for Healthcare and Hospice Innovation (NPHI), a testament to our commitment to high-quality, person-centered end-of-life care. This recognition is a significant part of our ongoing efforts to enhance our services.
Want to help? Volunteer with us.
Join our hospice family as a volunteer and make a difference.