Whether it’s your first or fourth pregnancy, you deserve to feel confident and comfortable throughout the entire journey. We’re here for you at all stages, from during pregnancy to your delivery and months to follow.
There is no more important delivery than yours.
Welcome your little one in a comfortable setting surrounded by experienced, expert, compassionate caregivers. Novant Health’s comprehensive maternity services include:
- Educational services, including maternity, parenting, breastfeeding and childbirth classes
- Lactation and chestfeeding services before, during and after your delivery:
- Daily bedside nursing support from certified lactation consultants during your hospital stay
- Ongoing, free breastfeeding support resources like assessment, private appointments, classes, breast pumps, and feeding supplies and aids
- Care for high-risk pregnancy and delivery (such as gestational diabetes and preeclampsia)
- Labor/delivery support, including treatments for pain management and resources on what to expect with a C-section
- Dedicated maternity surgical suites
- Newborn services, including complete pediatric and surgical services, hearing screening and a newborn nursery
- Advanced infant security system
- Doula verification
- Bereavement support
At Thomasville Medical Center, we recently completed a renovation of our labor-delivery-recovery and mother-baby units, updating the rooms and adding amenities important to new parents.
Here for you and your newborn
You deserve personalized maternity care
It’s our privilege to help you welcome your new baby. Get the personalized care you deserve — from the expert team you can trust. If you have questions, reach out to your ob-gyn.
Preregister for a faster and easier check-in when you arrive to deliver your baby, and to receive relevant, timely information about what to expect and how to prepare for your new little one.
We set the standard for maternity care.
As an internationally recognized Baby-Friendly designated birth facility, excellent maternity services are the standard at Thomasville Medical Center. In the past few years, we have been recognized with the following:
- Baby Friendly designation, Baby Friendly USA Breast Care Center accreditation, National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC)
- 5-star North Carolina Maternity Center Breastfeeding-Friendly Designation, North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services, 2021
- Best Maternity Hospital, Newsweek, 2020