We create a healthier future and bring remarkable experiences to life.
Novant Health Presbyterian Medical Center is one of the top medical centers in North Carolina. Our experts provide the most specialized levels of care offered so you and your loved ones can access standard and pediatric emergency care and well as maternity and neonatal intensive care. We also provide advanced heart, vascular and cancer care, including experimental therapies being tested in clinical trials.
Focused on excellence
Highly trained providers and a commitment to developing and adopting evidence-based best practices enable Presbyterian Medical Center to set the standard for safe, effective care year after year.
We set the standard.
At Presbyterian Medical Center, you can expect next-level care. Some of our recent honors include:
- Hospital Safety Grade A, The Leapfrog Group
- Center of Excellence in Minimally Invasive Gynecology accreditation, Surgical Review Corporation
- Get with the Guidelines® Gold Plus, The American Heart Association/American Stroke Association
- Rectal Cancer Program accreditation, The American College of Surgeons
For healthier communities
The care teams at Novant Health Presbyterian Medical Center are committed to meeting your healthcare needs. We are continuously creating programs that help everyone in our community, including our most vulnerable citizens, access quality healthcare.
Serving the community since 1903
- 1903: With support from local churches, Presbyterian Hospital opens a charity ward, nursing school and other facilities at multiple sites in uptown Charlotte.
- Moves to current 20-acre campus on Hawthorne Lane.
- Faces record admissions as influenza pandemic reaches Charlotte.
- Mid-1980s: Add same-day surgery center, Belk Heart Center, an intensive care nursery and a psychiatric unit.
- 1997: Presbyterian Healthcare Systems and Carolina Medicorp Inc. of Winston-Salem combine to create Novant Health.
- 1999: The Buddy Kemp Caring House opens a few blocks from main campus to provide counseling and educational support for cancer patients and their families.
- 2003: Celebrates centennial with a strong reputation as Charlotte’s most preferred hospital.
- 2015: Completes a renovation of our existing maternity rooms to add a guest sleep bed, Jacuzzi, shower and other amenities.
- 2016: Designated a Level III trauma center.
- 2020: The $165.9 million, 260,000-square-foot Claudia W. And John M. Belk Heart and Vascular Institute and Agnes B. And Edward I. Weisiger Cancer Institute open.
- The UNC School of Medicine Novant Health Charlotte Campus begins providing UNC curriculum to third- and fourth-year medical students, with a special focus on health equity.
- Breaks ground on Novant Health Agnes Binder Weisger Breast Health Center, a $15 million expansion of our existing breast health center.