Expect safe, remarkable surgical care.
The world-class, affordable surgical care you deserve and need to live your best is close to home. Novant Health Medical Park Hospital offers the very latest in non-invasive and minimally invasive surgical techniques personalized to meet your needs and goals.
Focused on excellence
We are consistently rated highly in safety and patient experience so that when you visit Medical Park Hospital, you can feel confident about your care.
- Grade “A” Safety, The Leapfrog Group, 2016-2022
- Top-Rated Hospital for Patient Experience, Becker’s Healthcare
- Patient Safety Excellence Award, Healthgrades
- America’s Best Hospital Award for Outpatient Experience, Women’s Choice
We set the standard.
At Medical Park Hospital, you can expect next-level care. Some of our recent honors include:
- 5-Star Overall Rating, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
- Guardian of Excellence Award – Patient Experience, Press Ganey
- Magnet Recognition, American Nurses Credentialing Center, 2019 (reviewed every four years)
We are among the 8% of hospitals in the country to receive Magnet Recognition.
For healthier communities
Novant Health exists to improve the health of our communities, one person at a time. We work to make healthcare more accessible by offering financial assistance to those who are under- or uninsured.
Offering “firsts” in advanced surgeries since 1971
Medical Park Hospital has been performing cutting-edge surgical procedures since we first opened our doors. We have consistently been a leader in the use of laser and laparoscopic surgery.
- 1971: Medical Park Hospital opens, specializing in elective surgery and surgeries that help diagnose conditions.
- 1975: Hospital expands, adding an intensive care unit and more operating rooms.
- 1982: A group of 55 local physicians purchase the hospital. These physicians own and run the hospital until 1986.
- 1986: Carolina Medicorp, Inc, the parent company of Forsyth Memorial Hospital, purchases Medical Park Hospital for $25 million.
- 1991: Hospital launches its first volunteer program for the community.
- 1992: Medical Park Hospital becomes the first hospital in the Triad to perform a laparoscopic vaginal hysterectomy.
- 1994: Hospital becomes the first hospital in the Triad to convert all patient rooms to private rooms.
- 1997: Medical Park Hospital is part of the merger between Carolina Medicorp and Presbyterian Healthcare that forms Novant Health.
- 2006: Hospital performs the first robotic hysterectomy in the Triad.
- 2021: Medical Park Hospital celebrates 50 years of surgical excellence in the community.