Whether it’s your first or fourth pregnancy, you deserve to feel confident and comfortable throughout the entire journey. We’re here for you at all stages, from during pregnancy to your delivery and months to follow.
There is no more important delivery than yours.
Welcome your little one in a comfortable setting surrounded by experienced, expert, compassionate caregivers. Novant Health’s comprehensive maternity services include:
- Educational services, including maternity, parenting, breastfeeding/chestfeeding and childbirth classes
- Lactation and chestfeeding services before, during and after your delivery:
- Daily bedside nursing support from certified lactation consultants during your hospital stay
- Ongoing, free breastfeeding support resources like assessment, private appointments, classes, breast pumps, and feeding supplies and aids
- Care for high-risk pregnancy and delivery (such as gestational diabetes and preeclampsia)
- Labor/delivery support, including treatments for pain management and resources on what to expect with a C-section
- Newborn services, including complete pediatric services, hearing screening and a newborn nursery
- Professional photography of your newborn that you can purchase to share and create birth announcements, gifts and baby keepsakes
- Emergency obstetrics services and dedicated maternity surgical suites
- Doula verification
- Bereavement support
Here for you and your newborn
You deserve personalized maternity care
It’s our privilege to help you welcome your new baby. Get the personalized care you deserve — from the expert team you can trust. If you have questions, reach out to your ob-gyn.
Level III NICU in Huntersville
The Huntersville Medical Center level III neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) provides around-the-clock intensive care for premature and seriously ill babies. Neonatologists work closely with specially trained registered nurses, respiratory therapists, medical social workers and others to help you bring your little one home as soon as possible.
We are also supported by Novant Health Presbyterian Medical Center’s NICU, located in Novant Health Hemby Children's Hospital. This level IV nursery provides the highest level of care available for premature or critically ill newborns.
Preregister for a faster and easier check-in when you arrive to deliver your baby, and to receive relevant, timely information about what to expect and how to prepare for your new little one.
We set the standard for maternity care.
At Huntersville Medical Center, you can expect next-level maternity care. In the past few years, we have been recognized with:
- High Performing Hospital for Maternity Care, U.S. News & World Report, 2022-23
- Baby Friendly Designation, The World Health Organization and the United Nations Children’s Fund
- Five-star North Carolina Maternity Center Breastfeeding-Friendly Designation, North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services