You make a difference.
Novant Health Hemby Children’s Hospital is committed to providing compassionate, family-centered care for children in our community. And you can help support us and be part of these efforts in a number of ways.
Volunteering at Hemby Children’s Hospital
Our volunteers play an important role in making connections with our patients and their loved ones. Often, they are the first people those arriving at our facilities will meet. As a volunteer you can help in a number of ways from serving drinks and snacks to participating in special events and helping to clean toys to ensure a safe and clean environment.
You don’t need to have had any experience working in healthcare to volunteer with us. All Novant Health volunteers must:
- Be at least 14 years old
- Successfully pass a background check
- Provide proof of flu vaccination
- After you submit the volunteer application, you will go through new volunteer orientation and training.
We welcome donations of toys and other items for children of all ages – from newborns to age 18. Your gift will help us celebrate occasions such as birthdays and holidays, provide “brave” gifts for patients following medical procedures and even just help to brighten a child’s day.
How to donate toys and children’s gifts
- All donated items must be new, non-violent and non-religious in nature
- In-person donations made be dropped off at:
- The Belk House, 220 Hawthorne Lane Charlotte, NC 28204 (located before the parking garage) from Monday to Friday 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Special deliveries may be arranged by calling 704-384-5547
- Purchase a gift from the Children’s Hospital Baby Registry by searching for first name “Hemby” and last name “Children’s” on our Amazon Baby Registry, selecting your gift and ordering.
Provide a Special Event
If you would like to participate in a group program for our patients and families, we ask that you contact us as soon as possible to schedule as the calendar of events is made at least one month in advance. We will do our best to accommodate requests for visits but appreciate your understanding if visits must be changed or canceled.
Donate to the Foundation
If you prefer to make a financial gift to support Hemby Children’s Hospital, please make an online donation to the Novant Health Foundation Presbyterian Medical Center.
Please call the number listed on this page for questions about how to support Hemby Children’s Hospital.