We’re here for you and your newborn every step of the way
From before conception to preparing your body for pregnancy; from monitoring your developing child to the delivery and the weeks to follow, Novant Health Huntersville Medical Center is here for you both, every step of the way.
To learn more about Huntersville Medical Center maternity care or to find an ob-gyn, call
Our comprehensive maternity services include:
- Preconception care, including maternity education, genetic counseling and care for high-risk pregnancies.
- Maternity and parenting classes - View our online calendar to see our upcoming maternity and parenting classes.
- The Family Maternity Center at Huntersville Medical Center: located on the third floor of the hospital; call 704-316-4300 for information. Amenities include special parking spaces near the front door for laboring mothers, labor-deliver-recovery suites with all of comforts of home including TVs, DVD layers, refrigerators, Internet access and glider rockers. After recovery, you and your newborn will be transferred to our mother-baby unit where you have the option for your baby to stay in your room to enhance your bonding experience. In the mother-baby unit, you’ll have a large bathroom and a comfortable sofa bed for dad. Neonatal nurse practitioners are on-site 24/7 for additional support.
- A Level III neonatal intensive care unit is available to provide care for premature and seriously-ill babies. Neonatologists work closely with specially trained registered nurses, respiratory therapists, medical social workers, and others to provide care around-the-clock. We are supported by a Level IV nursery at Novant Health Presbyterian Medical Center in Charlotte that provides the highest level of care available for premature or critically-ill newborns.
- Postpartum care that includes breastfeeding resources at the Novant Health Nursing Mother’s Place – a comprehensive lactation center with board-certified lactation consultants. The Novant Health Nursing Mother’s Place, located at 10030 Gilead Road in Huntersville, offers a full range of inpatient and outpatient services. Call 704-316-5580 for additional information.
- Professional photography of your newborn. You’ll receive a password-protected webpage to easily share with friends and family and have the opportunity to create birth announcements, photo packages as gifts, and baby keepsakes. This service is available based on location and hospital guidelines.