You should have access to advanced care – no matter where you live
Small and rural communities often are without access to advanced stroke and neurology services for emergency and critical care. At Novant Health, we’re making it easier to get world-class care when and where you need it. Our 24-hour-a-day teleneurology program gives more communities access to on-call neurologists. Members of your medical care team can contact other experts for an on-screen video conference. Using technology in this way ensure the right level of care is always available for serious brain conditions.
Expert care in real time. When you go to the emergency room (ER) with a potential stroke or other neurological emergency, your ER provider can to speak to a neurologist at your bedside by videoconference. The neurologist also can talk to you directly, as well as view and discuss the results of diagnostic test performed at the hospital.
You, your provider at the local hospital and your family members can then discuss treatment options. In some cases, the care you need can be safely delivered at your community hospital. Other times, you may need to be transferred to Novant Health Forsyth Medical Center or Novant Health Presbyterian Medical Center for a higher level of care.
Whether you remain close to home or travel to a Novant Health facility, we are here to meet your needs.
Our North Carolina network for teleneurology includes:
- Novant Health Brunswick Medical Center in Bolivia
- Novant Health Clemmons Medical Center in Clemmons
- Novant Health Kernersville Medical Center in Kernersville
- Novant Health Rowan Medical Center in Salisbury
- Novant Health Thomasville Medical Center in Thomasville
Other hospitals also partner with Novant Health to bring teleneurology services to their communities, including:
- Ashe Memorial Hospital in Jefferson, North Carolina
- Davis Regional Medical Center in Statesville, North Carolina
- Hugh Chatham Memorial Hospital in Elkin, North Carolina
- Morehead Memorial Hospital in Eden, North Carolina
- Northern Hospital of Surry County in Mount Airy, North Carolina
- Pioneer Community Hospital of Patrick in Stuart, Virginia
- Twin County Regional Hospital in Galax, Virginia