Caring for our communities, one person at a time
If a family history of cancer or a genetic predisposition to cancer has you concerned about your health, Novant Health Cancer Risk Clinic- Charlotte can help you understand and minimize your cancer risks and help you live the healthiest life possible. You are a candidate for the Novant Health Cancer Risk Clinic if you have:
- A family history of breast, ovarian, uterine, colon or skin cancer.
- An individual or family cancer diagnosis at less than 50 years of age.
- A history of multiple colon polyps.
- A male relative with breast cancer.
- A family history of cancer combined with Ashkenazi Jewish ancestry.
- A positive test for a genetic mutation such as BRCA1, BRCA2 or Lynch syndrome.
- A personal history of atypical hyperplasia (ADH/ALH) or lobular carcinoma in situ (LCIS).
Our team of genetic counselors, surgical and medical oncologists, nurse practitioners, nurse navigators and wellness specialists review your family history and any genetic testing or imaging available. We will recommend and schedule any needed testing not yet completed. Then, we bring together the perfect team for your personalized cancer risk clinic. Your clinic appointment may include:
- A clinical exam.
- A consultation with a surgeon specializing in hereditary cancers.
- Consideration for clinical trials.
- A review of recommended lifestyle changes, and needed referrals to help with those changes.
- Plan of care recommendations.
Novant Health Cancer Risk Clinic- Charlotte is located in the Cancer Center at Novant Health Presbyterian Medical Center. Enter through the Cancer Center entrance on Caswell Street.
We will file with your insurance company