Physician Paid Leave
Novant Health recognizes the importance of providing eligible physician team members with paid leave opportunities for the following events:
- Birth recovery leave
- Parental/bonding leave
- Caregiver leave
Review policy Physician Team Member Paid Leave (PDF) (NH-HR-4090) for eligibility requirements.
- Birth recovery leave: Up to two weeks of paid leave for recovery from childbirth
- Parental/bonding leave: Up to four weeks of paid leave for bonding with a newborn or newly adopted child
- Caregiver leave: One week of paid leave for the care of a parent, spouse, or child under age 18 who is experiencing a serious health condition as defined under the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
How to request a leave
Follow these three steps to request a paid leave:
- Notify your clinic administrator and lead clinician as soon as a need for leave is known.
- Contact The Hartford. You can call Hartford Disability/Absence Management at (800) 549-6514 and speak with a representative. Or you can log in to The Hartford benefits and initiate your leave request online. If applicable, you can also use the online portal to start a short-term disability claim and track where your claim is in the process.
- Complete the physician leave of absence request form. View step-by-step instructions on how to complete the physician leave of absence request form (PDF).
Questions can be directed to Hartford Leave Administration at (800) 549-6514 or to the Novant Health People and Culture team.