Novant Health provides eligible team members with one week of paid caregiver leave at 100% of base pay to allow for the care of a parent, spouse or child under age 18, who are experiencing a serious health condition as defined under the Family and Medical Leave Act.
- Team member must be in a benefits-eligible position (full-time and part-time with 24 standard hours or more per week).
- You must be employed with Novant Health for 12 months AND have worked at least 1,250 hours during the 12 months prior to requesting leave
- One week of paid caregiver leave (leave can be taken in one continuous week or intermittently) to allow for the care of a parent, spouse or child under age 18, who are experiencing a serious health condition as defined under the Family and Medical Leave Act.
- The week of caregiver leave is based on the team member’s scheduled weekly hours as they appear in PeopleSoft.
- Compensation at 100% of team member’s base hourly rate of pay.
Who to contact
Questions can be directed to the HR Service Center at 800-890-5420 or AskHR@novanthealth.org.
Novant Health provides eligible team members a paid parental leave for bonding with a newborn or newly adopted child.
- Receive up to 4 weeks of paid parental leave to be used within 12 weeks of the child’s birth or within 16 weeks of placement for adoption
- Compensation at 100% of team member’s base pay
Full-time and part-time benefits eligible team members who are eligible for Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) leave at the time of birth or placement of a child for adoption.
Request parental leave
Contact Hartford Leave Administration at (800) 549-6514.
Novant Health’s Adoption Assistance Program provides up to $3,500 per child ($7,000 per year maximum) for adoption-related expenses.
Novant Health is proud of team members who make the personal and professional sacrifice to serve in the U.S. Armed Forces. Knowing enlisted team members may be required to be away from work to fulfil this duty of service, Novant Health offers a period of benefits, pay, and job protection to those serving in the Armed Forces.
Full-time and part-time benefits-eligible team members
Request military leave
Contact Hartford Leave Administration at (800) 549-6514
Receive supplemental pay equal to the difference between military compensation and your base hourly rate of pay.
Novant Health resources
The Novant Health Veterans Business Resource Group (BRG) would like to offer support to you, your team, and your family during your deployment. Please complete the deployed team member information form (PDF) and send it to the Diversity and Inclusion team at DiversityandInclusion@NovantHealth.org.
Please explore these resources available to you and your family:
- Employee Benefit Resources
- Novant Health Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Novant Health My Community for Team Members
- Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve
- Veterans Bridge Home
- American Red Cross Military Family Emergency Communication
- North Carolina Serves
- Novant Health My Community for community
If you have any questions our team could answer, please reach out. We are here to help. Connect with the Novant Health Employee Benefits team. This link can be accessed by your family on a non-Novant Health computer.