Keeping athletes healthy on and off the field
Novant health is proud to partner with many schools, organizations and athletic programs to provide athletic training services. Our team of experts provides top-level care to athletes of all ages and skill levels.
What is an athletic trainer?
Athletic trainers are nationally certified and state-licensed healthcare professionals with extensive hands-on training in the evaluation, treatment and rehabilitation of sports injuries and conditions. Our athletic trainers work with school administrators, coaching staff, school nurses, physical therapists, parents, and student-athletes to provide expert care on or off the field.
Athletic training services
Our staff of licensed athletic trainers are available to provide care for your team. We serve athletes of all ages and skill levels including youth players through professional athletes.
Our services include:
- Medical evaluations and diagnosis
- Treatment and rehabilitation of injuries
- Referrals to specialists as needed
- General nutrition and performance education
- Injury prevention
Athletic Event Coverage
Novant Health athletic trainers are available to provide on-site services for your event. Special events we cover include:
- Fundraising walk and runs
- Road races, half marathons and marathons
- Adult league athletic events, such as softball, basketball or soccer
- Youth league sporting events, including tee-ball, baseball and football
- Track and field and cross-country meets
- Water sports, such as boat races and swim meets
- Outdoor community service events, including park or neighborhood cleanups and community festivals
If you would like to request coverage at your event, please email us at least two weeks (14 days) prior to your planned event. For large or mult-day events, please request coverage at least thirty (30) days in advance.
Please provide the following information in your message:
- Event date and location
- Number of fields, courts or facilities being used
- Expected number of participants
- Age range of participants
- Skill level (youth, high school, adult, amateur, semi-professional, recreational, etc.)
- Event schedule
Our team will help you determine how many athletic trainers you will need based on the size of your event, number of participants and activity level.