Heart Disease & Cancer
Coordinated care for your heart before, during and after cancer treatment.
Medical therapies that treat cancer can sometimes also affect your heart health. If you have heart disease or could be at risk before, during or after cancer treatment, our dedicated team of cardio-oncology specialists will monitor and care for you throughout your journey.
Why is cardio-oncology needed?
Sometimes cancer treatments, including chemotherapy and radiation, can strain your heart causing cardiovascular injury, radiation heart disease, blood clots, or abnormal heart rhythms. While heart and vascular conditions related to cancer therapies do not occur often, they can happen either while undergoing treatment or long after treatment has ended.
Always on the cutting edge of cancer care, Novant Health offers a cardio-oncology program that provides specialized heart care whenever you need it from leading cardiologists and oncologists.
At Novant Health, you’ll experience a holistic approach to your cancer treatment. If you need care for a heart condition, our dedicated heart and vascular specialists work closely with your cancer therapy team to monitor and care for you.
Why Choose Novant Health
Comprehensive cardio-oncology services when you need them.
The Novant Health Cardio-Oncology Program brings together our cancer specialists and cardiovascular experts to prevent and treat heart-related issues occurring during your cancer treatment. You may be referred to our cardio-oncology experts if you need:
- Diagnostic evaluation and testing prior to starting high cardiac-risk cancer therapies.
- Monitoring if you are at high cardiac risk or have established heart disease and are undergoing cancer treatment.
- Monitoring and treatment for heart and vascular complications following cancer therapies.
- Management of heart disease treatments while undergoing cancer treatment.
- Appropriate heart and wellness rehabilitation and lifestyle modifications when undergoing cancer therapies.