Volunteers play a crucial role
If you have spent any time at NHRMC, you have probably noticed some of our many volunteers who play such vital roles here.
We hope you’ll consider joining this special group. Our volunteers provide an invaluable community service that is appreciated by everyone they encounter. They also enjoy camaraderie with others who share the same interest in serving people in a healthcare setting.
As a volunteer you’ll help to present the friendly, caring face we’re known for, by assisting patients and visitors in many ways, including:
- Visiting patients to ask about non-medical needs and offer emotional support
- Serving at reception desks and information centers
- Giving patients and visitors directions and helping them find their way
- Transporting patients throughout the hospital
- Assisting in the hospital gift shop and making welcome deliveries to patient rooms
No experience is necessary. As a new volunteer, you’ll attend an orientation class and receive training before you begin to volunteer. First we’ll ask you to fill out an application, have an interview with the volunteer services staff, and complete a health screening.
We look forward to hearing from you!
For more information about joining the volunteer team at NHRMC, please call