Expert care in a calm and nurturing environment
the very first ultrasound to the time you leave us to take your newborn home, Novant Health Presbyterian Medical Center promises expert care in a calm and nurturing environment.
Our caring and compassionate team of obstetricians, gynecologists, high-risk pregnancy specialists, pediatricians, neonatologists, anesthesiologists, neonatal nurse practitioners, respiratory therapists and certified registered nurses works together to provide you with advanced maternity services. But that’s not all. With spacious maternity suites, a breastfeeding resource center and a boutique for women and babies, we have all the resources you need to make your delivery a joyous and memorable occasion.
To learn more about these services or to find an ob-gyn, call:
Our comprehensive maternity services include:
Preconception care and prenatal health
The building blocks for a healthy pregnancy are laid months before conception. If you are thinking about having a baby, you should schedule a preconception appointment with your ob-gyn to discuss any health conditions and risk factors that could affect you or your growing baby.
High-risk pregnancy and genetic counseling services
At Presbyterian Medical Center, we offer high-risk pregnancy care and genetic counseling based on referral by your Novant Health obstetrician. Due to age and other health and genetic related factors, some pregnancies are classified as “high-risk”
, which means special precautions and lifestyle adjustments may be needed.
Take the first step towards a healthy and fulfilling pregnancy by taking advantage of our maternity classes. To sign up for any of the classes, call 704-384-4949 or view our online calendar. if you are on bed rest or just can't make it to an in-person class, we also offer an online version of our childbirth class.
Learn more about our online childbirth classes »
The birthing experience
We offer state-of-the-art maternity services and care including:
Spacious maternity suites.
- Breastfeeding services at Novant Health Nursing Mother’s Place. The Nursing Mother's Place offers classes and breastfeeding supplies. To learn more, call 704-384-7515 or Presbyterian Medical Center Maternity Services at 704-384-4949.
- A Women’s View Boutique: a specialty boutique designed exclusively for mothers and babies. Store hours: Monday through Friday: 9 a.m. to 8 p.m., Saturday: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., and Sunday: 1 to 5 p.m.
- Professional photography of your newborn. You’ll receive a password-protected webpage to easily share with friends and family and have the opportunity to create birth announcements, photo packages as gifts, and baby keepsakes. This service is available based on location and hospital guidelines.
- Rooming in - where your baby remains in the maternity suite with you to better prepare the family for the transition home.
- Quiet time: every day on the maternity floor between 2 and 3:30 p.m. All visitors are asked to leave the maternity suite so mother and baby can have some quiet time and rest.
- Kangaroo care (skin-to-skin experience).
- Postpartum education.
Neonatal intensive care
At Presbyterian Medical Center, we offer an advanced Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) with our Level IV nursery - the highest designation in North Carolina. The nursery is staffed 24/7 by a team of board-certified neonatologists, nurse practitioners and registered nurses. Our nursery also features sophisticated monitoring equipment, a respiratory lab and dedicated support services including a pharmacist and child-life specialist.
learn more about these services or to find an ob-gyn, call