Helping you through all stages of your journey
Sometimes the most challenging part of a cancer diagnosis is managing the side effects of treatment. Our oncology-trained experts can help you live your best life through treatment and beyond. Symptom management services we provide include:
- Exercise – The Cancer Wellness Exercise program improves quality of life by reducing fatigue and other side effects of treatment through personalized exercise therapy. Our 3-month program is offered three times a week at several convenient locations and times to meet your scheduling needs. For more information or to inquire about participation, please call 704-384-6953 and select option 2 or 3.
- Massage – Therapeutic massage reduces your stress, lessens your pain, helps your fatigue and boosts your immune system. Table massages are available in 30- and 60-minute sessions. Costs are $30 for 30 minutes and $60 for 60 minutes. To schedule an appointment, please call 704-384-6953.
- Yoga – Yoga helps cancer survivors decrease stress, strengthen the immune system, improve balance and enhance overall wellness. Classes cater to a variety of survivor needs and skill levels. Costs are $10 a class or $25 a month. To find a class, please call 704-384-6953.
- Lymphedema services - Sometimes lymphatic swelling occurs as a side effect of treatment. If you experience lymphedema, our specialized clinic offers lymphatic drainage massage, compression bandaging, meticulous skin care and exercise therapy. Costs vary by insurance provider. For more information or to schedule an appointment, please call 704-384-3691.
- Nutrition - Our registered dietitian can help you manage symptoms such as difficulty swallowing and loss of appetite, as well as achieve weight control through healthy eating and educational programs. Costs vary by insurance provider. For more information or to schedule an appointment, please call 704-384-6953.
Novant Health Cancer Rehab & Wellness offers services in Charlotte, Huntersville and Matthews.
Our palliative care program focuses on relieving pain, symptoms and stress that result from the progression of advanced diseases. Palliative care is appropriate at any point in a life-limiting illness and can be provided along with curative treatments. To learn more about our palliative care services, please call 704-384-6478.
Our pain management program is helpful for those who are experiencing chronic pain as a result of treatment. Our holistic program incorporates psychological and physical therapy services to reduce pain, increase energy, minimize medications and help you return to the lifestyle you enjoy.
All methods of pain management attempt to either control the cause of your pain or alter your perception of it. Our doctors will evaluate all aspects of your pain to develop appropriate management techniques. These techniques fall into two categories and are often used together.
- Using medication to control pain - This involves the use of analgesics, as well as other medication to modify that patient's mood or pain perception.
- Approaching pain control without medication - This includes behavioral techniques, radiation, surgery and neurosurgical interventions.
We understand that pain affects each person differently, and we take all of your needs into consideration. To learn more about our pain management services, please call 704-316-1923.