Convenient appointments that fit your schedule
We know that everyone’s life is busy and getting the care you need can often cause a major inconvenience. That’s why the team of medical professionals at Novant Health Presbyterian Medical Center provides quality care that’s also convenient. Our goal is to make scheduling appointments as easy as possible and offer pre-registration for hospital admissions.
There are several types of appointments that you can schedule directly with Presbyterian Medical Center. These include certain diagnostic procedures and office visits with a primary care physician from Novant Health. All other tests and procedures at one of our hospitals must be scheduled through your referring physician.
We do ask for a physician's order to perform certain outpatient radiology tests. You can schedule some outpatient imaging procedures such as mammograms directly, but we do ask for a physician's name so we will know where to send the test results. For more information, call 704-384-7226.
If you are scheduled to visit one of our hospitals for a test, surgery or other service, you will need to register for your stay. Whether you are a first-time patient or returning patient, we recommend that you contact us before you arrive to pre-register for your visit. The benefits of pre-registering are:
- You can go directly to the procedure area without stopping in the admitting department.
- It will decrease your wait time on the day of your service.
- You will be informed of your financial responsibilities and offered financial arrangements prior to your service.
- You will learn what you need to bring at time of service (insurance card, advance directives, payment if previously arranged).
- You will have less to worry about the day of your service.
- You can get directions to our hospital and various departments.
If you do not pre-register for services at Presbyterian Medical Center, then you need to check in at the hospital's Admitting Department.
Please pre-register online or call toll-free 1-888-844-0080. Our staff is available to take your calls Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
If you have pre-registered for your appointment, use one of our state-of-the-art kiosks to check in for your appointment with just the push of a button. When you arrive at the kiosk, touch the screen to get started. Instructions are available in both English and Spanish. The kiosk will walk you through the check-in process using voice commands and images on the screen. In addition to checking in for your appointment, you can also complete the following tasks:
- Update demographic information and review insurance data
- Scan identification and insurance cards
- Sign consent forms using an electronic signature
- Make a payment by credit card on current and previous account balances
- Request a MyChart activation code
These registration kiosks are linked to Dimensions, Novant Health’s electronic health record.
Registration kiosks are located in the following areas:
- Admitting (main lobby)
- Outpatient Infusion (third floor)
- Novant Health Rehabilitation Center Charlotte (125 Baldwin Ave., Suite 100)
- Novant Health Heart & Vascular Institute Heart Failure Clinic (1718 East 4th Street, Suite 105)
- Novant Health Diabetes Center (1718 East 4st Street, Suite 207)
- Novant Health Wound Care and Hyperbaric Medicine (300 Billingsley Road, Suite 105)
If you have questions about the kiosk, a member of our admitting team is available to help you.