Creating ultimate experience for women in maternity
Whether you are a first time mother-to-be or an experienced parent, it’s important to feel that you and your little one are well cared for throughout your birthing experience, from the early preconception stages through the pregnancy, the birth and beyond. At Novant Health Matthews Medical Center, the goal of our knowledgeable and caring physicians and staff is to make you feel at home throughout your stay for your baby’s birth.
To learn more about the maternity services offered at
Matthews Medical Center, call
Our comprehensive maternity services include:
- Preconception care, including maternity education, genetic counseling and care for high-risk pregnancies.
- Maternity and parenting classes - View our online calendar to see our upcoming maternity and parenting classes.
- The Family Maternity Center at Matthews Medical Center offers delivery and recovery that promises the highest level of care and comfort for you and your newborn. Room amenities at the Family Maternity Center include all of comforts of home including a TV, recliner and a refrigerator. A comfortable daybed is located in each room for family members. Neonatal nurse practitioners are on-site 24/7 to support the Maternity Center in case a high-risk delivery occurs. Our maternity services are supported by a Level III nursery to provide care for premature and seriously-ill newborns, and we have access to the Level IV nursery at Novant Health Women’s Center in Charlotte. To help mother and baby bond, we offer “rooming-in”, where mother and baby stay together so that they can get to know each other.
- A Level III neonatal intensive care unit, called a special care nursery, is available to provide care for premature and seriously-ill babies. Neonatologists work closely with specially trained registered nurses, neonatal nurse practitioners, respiratory therapists, medical social workers, and others to provide care around-the-clock. We are supported by a Level IV nursery at Novant Health Presbyterian Medical Center in Charlotte that provides the highest level of care available for premature or critically-ill newborns.
- Postpartum care that includes breastfeeding resources at the Novant Health Nursing Mother’s Place. The Nursing Mother's Place, located at Matthews Medical Center, 1500 Matthews Township Parkway, is a comprehensive lactation center with board-certified lactation consultants. The Nursing Mother’s Place offers a full range of inpatient and outpatient services. Call 704-384-7519 for additional information.
- An online nursery. A professional photographer will take your newborn’s very first photograph. Portraits can be seen, as they are taken, on a full screen monitor from the comfort of your bed. You’ll have the opportunity to create birth announcements, photo packages as gifts, baby keepsakes, and a unique, personalized, password-protected webpage can be easily shared with friends and family.
To schedule a tour of the women’s center, please call 704-384-CARE (2273) or visit our online calendar of events.