Our care team is devoted to bringing you high-quality pediatric heart care at Novant Health Pediatric Cardiology – Waverly. Our providers have years of experience in diagnosing and managing heart conditions in newborns, and children up to age 18, as well as congenital heart conditions in adults. We combine that experience with use of advanced diagnostic tools in our office and across the the Novant Health network.
Conditions our medical providers regularly diagnose and treat include:
- Heart murmurs
- Chest pains
- Syncope (a drop in blood pressure resulting in a loss of consciousness)
- Arrythmia (irregular heartbeat, or a heartbeat that is too fast or too slow)
- Heart palpitations (feeling that the heart is racing, pounding or skipping beats)
- Blood pressure concerns
- Congenital heart conditions (heart conditions present from birth)
If your child has a heart condition, or if heart-related illnesses are part of your family’s medical history, our providers can determine whether monitoring or treatment is needed. We also offer the following diagnostic tests:
- EKGs (electrocardiograms; used to record the electrical activity of the heart)
- Holter monitoring (used to record heart activity over a period of time)
- Transthoracic echocardiograms (ultrasound used to examine the structure and function of the heart)
If your child needs a cardiac procedure, our providers work closely with the surgeons at Charlotte’s Sanger Heart & Vascular Institute. An electrophysiologist from Duke University also regularly cares for our patients.
If your child has been previously diagnosed with a heart condition, our providers are available to offer second opinions.