Novant Health Pediatric After Hours Care – Carmel is here to provide the medical services your child needs in the evening or on a weekend and close to where you live. Our providers serve patients from birth to age 18. We offer care for minor illnesses and injuries.
Our clinic’s services are designed to complement those your child receives from a primary care provider. Should your child need follow-up care, our clinic will ensure that notes of your child’s after-hours visit are available to that primary care provider.
Services we routinely offer include:
- Care for acute illnesses, including colds, sore throats, flu and stomach upset
- Newborn checkups
- Weight checks
- Asthma (nebulizer) treatments
- Foreign body removals (splinters; objects in noses or ears)
- Simple sutures
- Removal of sutures or stitches
- Care for minor injuries, including cuts, sprains, and strains
- Bilirubin checks (blood test to determine jaundice level)
- Removal of skin lesions, including warts (histofreezer)
- Belly button checks for newborns (to monitor umbilical cord detachment)