The maternal-fetal medicine specialists at Novant Health Maternal-Fetal Medicine - Shipyard have devoted their careers to identifying and addressing conditions that can impact your pregnancy. We use advanced diagnostic tools to assess your health and the health of your unborn baby. Some patients will see us only for prenatal testing, while others will require more ongoing care. In those cases, we will work with you to develop a care plan focused on you and your unborn child. We will monitor you and the development of your fetus throughout your pregnancy to improve your chances of a healthy delivery.
You will have access to advanced diagnostic tools including fetal ultrasounds. These non-invasive diagnostic tests can assess:
- Fetal growth
- Development of fetal organs
- Fetal markers for signs of genetic syndromes
- Location of the placenta
- Umbilical cord malformations
- Amniotic fluid levels
- Health of the uterus or cervix.
Other diagnostic tests we offer include:
- Fetal echocardiograms to assess your baby’s heart
- Fetal doppler to evaluate blood flow through your baby’s major arteries and veins
- Blood testing for genetic conditions
- Amniocentesis, the testing of amniotic fluid to detect fetal abnormalities or infections
Testing is offered in accordance with the American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) standards. All testing is completely voluntary.