If you have acquired an infectious disease at home or abroad, Novant Health Infectious Disease Specialists – Kernersville has the diagnostic tools and skilled providers to deliver the care you need.
Our team is devoted to diagnosing and treating infectious diseases acquired here in the United States or across the globe. If you have an infection linked to a virus, parasite, fungus or bacteria, even if it is uncommon, your providers will work to quickly diagnose your concern so your treatment can begin without delay.
Infectious diseases our providers regularly treat include:
- Brain abscess (infection in the brain that can cause headaches and nausea)
- Cellulitis (a bacterial infection of the inner layers of the skin)
- Endocarditis (an infection of the heart’s inner lining)
- Fever of unknown origin
- Hepatitis (infection of the liver often caused by contaminated food or water)
- HIV/AIDS (human immunodeficiency virus/ acquired immune deficiency syndrome)
- Lyme disease (an illness spread by ticks)
- Meningitis/encephalitis (infections of the brain or spinal cord)
- Antibiotic-resistant infections including MRSA/VRE (methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus/vancomycin-resistant enterococci)
- Neutropenic fever (fever when the body has a greatly compromised immune system)
- Osteomyelitis (infection of the bone)
- Pneumonia (inflammation of the lung)
- Septic arthritis (infection of a joint)
- Sexually transmitted diseases (STDs)
- Sinusitis (infection of the sinuses)
- Tuberculosis (infectious bacterial disease infecting the lungs)
- Urinary tract infections
- Wound infections
Our providers see patients at both Novant Health Forsyth Medical Center and Novant Health Rowan Medical Center, as well as in our clinic both after hospital discharge or for illnesses that do not require hospitalization.