Novant Health Heart & Vascular Institute – Wilmington is proud to offer the most advanced cardiothoracic care available. Our providers rely on both traditional treatment methods and state-of-the-art laser and minimally invasive surgery methods to give you options in your treatment. We work to maximize health outcomes while minimizing discomfort and unwanted side effects.
Surgical procedures our providers complete include:
- Coronary angioplasty (to widen or unblock the coronary artery with the use of a balloon)
- Coronary artherectomy (to remove plaque from blood vessels to improve blood flow)
- Coronary artery bypass grafting (CABG; to treat coronary heart disease by diverting blood around narrow or clogged parts of arteries)
- Heart arrhythmia treatment/electrophysiology (to assess the heart’s electrical activity)
- Endovascular aortic aneurysm repair (EVAR; a minimally invasive procedure to address aortic aneurysms, or bulges in the wall of the artery below the heart)
- Interventional cardiology treatments (to repair damaged or weakened parts of the heart using a small, flexible tube)