Novant Health Heart & Vascular Institute – Bolivia makes it easy for you to receive the heart and vascular care you need without traveling far from where you live or work. Our team of heart specialists have devoted their careers to diagnosing, treating and managing heart ailments so you can feel better, and live as active and healthy a life as possible.
Diagnostic tests we offer include:
- Cardiac computed tomograpy angiograpy (cardiac CTA; a non-invasive test using advanced X-rays to detect blockages in heart arteries)
- Cardiac stress tests (to measure how the heart responds to stress from exercise or other factors)
- Carotid and vascular ultrasounds (a non-invasive way to check on blood flow)
- Nuclear stress tests (to create images of the blood flow to your heart)
- Echocardiograms (a test using sound waves to create images of your heart)
- Stress echocardiograms (to examine heart function with sound waves when a stressor such as exercise is present)
- Electrocardiogram (EKG or ECG; a test using sensors placed on the skin to record heart activity)
- Tilt table exam (tilt table test; a test involving lying on a table tilted at different angles to assess heart function and circulation to investigate dizziness, lightheadedness or fainting)
Our providers can address some heart conditions with advanced, minimally invasive procedures including:
- Coronary angioplasty (a procedure to widen blocked or narrowed arteries)
- Coronary artherectomy (a procedure to remove plaque from blood vessels)
- Coronary artery bypass grafting (CABG; used to treat heart disease by diverting blood flow around a clogged artery)
- Heart arrhythmia treatment/electrophysiology (procedures that diagnose or treat irregular heartbeats)
- Interventional cardiology treatments (minimally invasive procedures using a small, flexible tube to address heart issues)
- Left atrial appendage occlusion (LAAO or LAOO; for patients with atrial fibrillation; a procedure to prevent stroke)
- Mitraclip (a minimally invasive procedure to repair a leaking heart valve)
- Transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR; a minimally invasive procedure in which a new valve is placed inside a damaged valve)
If you are living with congestive heart failure, have a heart device such as a left ventricular assist device (LVAD), or are on Coumadin (warfarin) to treat blood clots, our team will provide ongoing care and educate you so that you can play a major role in your treatment.
We also offer classes for patients with atrial fibrillation. These will give you the information and tools necessary to manage your AFib while leading as active a life as possible.