Novant Health Coastal OB/GYN & Midwifery – New Hanover offers health care to women of all ages. We offer comprehensive prenatal care for both routine and high-risk pregnancies, including personalized midwifery care. And we offer gynecologic care at every age and stage of life. We are proud to help patients in the Wilmington area address all women’s health concerns.
Services we offer include:
- Routine gynecologic care (including annual exams, Pap tests, breast exams and help with contraception)
- Care for gynecologic concerns (including urinary incontinence, pelvic organ prolapse, abnormal bleeding, fecal incontinence, premenstrual syndrome (PMS), premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD), and changes during menopause)
- Routine prenatal care and delivery services (including prenatal visits, ultrasounds, weight checks and prenatal testing)
- High-risk obstetric care (when a health condition involving the mother and/or baby brings the potential of additional complications)
- Maternal-fetal medicine services (to address potential health concerns of the mother and/or baby during pregnancy or shortly after birth)
Our team of midwives provides care for patients wanting a more natural childbirth experience. We support low-intervention births when possible. Your midwife will guide you through choices for pain control during labor and help you achieve the birthing experience you desire. Should your labor progress to require a higher level of care, you will have access to other providers from our clinic without delay.