Novant Health Cancer Institute – Jacksonville cares for adult patients suffering from gynecologic cancers including ovarian, cervical, uterine, vulvar, fallopian tube and vaginal cancers. Our providers have devoted their careers to diagnosing and treating these cancers, and offering their patients access to the latest and most innovative treatments available. We are proud to offer laparoscopic (minimally invasive) surgery options whenever possible to reduce risks and recovery time, and improve outcomes.
Procedures our providers regularly complete include:
- Endometriosis resection (removal of endometrial tissue)
- Hysterectomy, including laparoscopic hysterectomy (removal of uterus and cervix)
- Laparoscopic radical hysterectomy (removal of the uterus, surrounding tissues, cervix and part of the vagina)
- Myomectomy (a surgical procedure to remove uterine fibroids)
- Laparoscopic lymph node dissection (removal of all or part of lymph nodes)
- Removal of pelvic masses