Novant Health Breastfeeding – SouthPark offers breastfeeding consultations and outpatient breastfeeding help. Our International Board Certified Lactation Consultants and breastfeeding specialists will work individually with you and your baby. Whether you want to schedule a newborn breastfeeding consultation to get breastfeeding off to a good start, or are experiencing pain while feeding or are concerned about your baby’s weight gain, we are here for you.
During your first private appointment, your baby will be weighed before and after a feeding to determine how much milk is consumed. This can be an affirming “well check,” providing new caregivers with peace of mind. If a baby is not taking in enough milk, your lactation consultant will work with you to identify underlying issues and make a plan to help you achieve your breastfeeding goals.
Our services include:
- Prenatal breastfeeding consultations
- Post-delivery breastfeeding evaluations
- Feeding consultations
- Weighted feedings (where baby is weighed before and after breastfeeding)
- Evaluation of and intervention for latch issues
- Evaluation and intervention for milk supply concerns
- Help with introducing solids into your baby’s diet
- Development of feeding and pumping schedules
- Back-to-work consultations to revise feeding or pumping plans
- Help with breast pumps, including the rental and sale of pumps and pump supplies
- Rental of baby weight scales
You do not need an appointment to buy or rent breast pumps or breast pump supplies. You can come in at your convenience to buy or rent breast pumps or pump parts.